<$BlogRSDURL$>

07 May 2003

"Rollin'"

Not much new and exciting here at islandindigo.com these days. Jen and I have been taking it WAY easy because "Come Monday" (I just had to add something for the man) there will be 8 crazy SLC women roamin' around Costa Rica!

El Salvador was somewhat of a bust. We spent our first night in the capital. Our hostal was one of the worst yet, and to top it off, I got some sort of bug that left me hanging on the bathroom floor praying to the porcelin god. After I felt good enough to stand out, we headed for the coast. Another big mistake....if we would have checked our guidebook we would have realized May 1st is Labor Day down south. Half the population of El Salvador must have been on that particular beach (Costa Del Sol) last Thursday. Too top it off, our hotel room had no fan, which made our room at least 100 degrees. After 2 nights spent drenched in sweat, we left, returned to the capital for round two and got the heck outta dodge! We headed to Nicuragua Sunday morning, 5 AM, and arrived in Managua at 5:30 PM. Nothing takes it out of a girl then sitting on a bus for 12 hours, so we found ourselves a room and passed out. This week we have been extra lazy (as I mentioned...). We walked around the capital, hit the beach (and will go back tomorrow), went to Lake Nicuragua in Granada today and Friday we will go to a National Park.

I promise my updates will be full of excitement once I enter Costa Rica as I wind down this amazing 5 month journey with my best friends.

Thanks for the money.....you know who you are. I really couldn't make it without you! Donations still being excepted....

As for the 'family emergency' so many people have asked about, Jen's grandmother passed away last week. I would like to express my sympathy to her mother and the rest of the family, especially with Mother's Day approaching. And to my own mother...good luck tomorrow! I love you and everything will go smoothly, I know it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?