<$BlogRSDURL$>

24 February 2003

"I'm In LOVE!!!"

Yes, it's true! I have found my passion, why I am here on earth, what I was born to do....DIVING!

Jen and I left Cancun Friday night at 10 PM, arrived in Chetumal at 4:15 AM and found that the bus to Belize didn't leave until 10:45 AM. So we found ourselves a nice corner in the bus station to rest for a bit. Who needs a Holiday Inn? The bus station had everything 2 backpackers could ever need. From now on, if I can't find a hotel, I'm taking the bus station hands down! Anyway, some guy woke us up at 7 and told us his bus was going to Flores and could drop us off in Belize City. So we hopped on board. 4 hours later, we arrived! It wouldn't be a trip for Cindi and Jen without some sort of problem, so here's the latest...

Apparently ATM's are a new thing to Belize. Jen and I tried to run out of all peso's and just figured we'd find an ATM upon arrival to Belize and get money for our weekend here. The taxi driver took us to 3 ATM's and none worked. If you remember, my card was stolen, so Jen's was our only hope. It was Saturday and all the banks were closed. We were screwed! We decided to try one last ATM and finally it worked...so we got out just enough money for the weekend. The cab driver (who ripped us off ROYALLY!) dropped us off at the water taxi station and we got on our way.

The island we spent the weekend on is called "San Pedro", also "La Isla Bonita". Sound familiar? Madonna wrote a song about it, Temptation Island AND Gilligan's Island were taken place on it. It was beautiful! Sunday we hit the ocean. We went on our first 'real' dive. Our first dive was through "Tackle Box Canyons" and the second was through "Toffee Canyons". We explored tunnels, a small cave, we saw many fish, coral, and eel, barracuda....and MUCH more! It was the most amazing feeling in the world. We dove 95 feet, not bad for a first timer. I was not nervous at all. Like I said, it's my passion. If you have never been diving...don't wait another minute, get out there, get certified and join me! Now I am anxious to get to Utila to learn more about diving...

I am sitting at the water taxi station in Belize City (which is not somewhere I'd recommend spending more than a few hours). We are taking a bus to Flores, Guatemala tonight at 5 PM and at 5 AM tomorrow we will head to Tikal to watch the sunrise. From there we will head to Antigua and get our butts in some spanish classes.

Sorry if I haven't returned your e-mails. I read them all and I love you for sending them. But it's $5/hour here and I must run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?