<$BlogRSDURL$>

18 February 2003

"I Got Robbed!!!"

It´s true. It sucks. It´s reality.

Jen wasn´t feeling well the other night. She has many problems with her back as a result of 8 or 9 car accidents. So she decided to stay home. Renee and Angels´ (our friends that we´re staying with) brother came in town, so we decided to go dancing at Dady O´s. I danced my little butt off and was done with all the fun for the night, so I got the keys of the truck from Angel and went out to sit in the truck. I put my purse inside the truck and sat in the bed. Apparently I ended up falling asleep in the truck because I heard a noise and woke up only to find a man in the truck. I told him to leave me alone and to go away. He walked away and I thought nothing of it. Then it hit me! This idiot wasn´t just looking through the truck for the good of his health....he took my purse! I totally panicked and went inside the club to get Renee and Angel, but couldn´t find them. So I went outside and asked people around if they´d seen this guy....no luck! So I sat in the truck crying. Crying like I never had before. I didn´t care about the $500 pesos, or my spanish phrasebook, or my credit card, or anything...but my camera! MY CAMERA was gone! If you know me, I LOVED this camera more than anything. All my pictures were on there from San Cristobol, Palenque, Merida, Valldolid, Cancun, Cuba....all gone! I was so pissed at myself, how could I be so careless?

Anyway the guys came out and I told them everything and we made a run to the phone to call my bank. In the meantime, we got pulled over (twice) for having 4 people in the front of the truck. When the cops saw me crying, they´d thought these 3 mexicans had kidnapped me. It would have been funny at the time if I wouldn´t have been so upset. Anyway, after we took care of the money situation, I went to sleep feeling horrible all over.

Bottom line....no pictures to update. You all will have to just read and not see where I´m going for awhile until I can figure out a way to get more pictures. Luckily I brought my good old 35mm for back up and I have Jen´s doubles. I spent the day yesterday pouting and then realizing how lucky I am. I could have been really hurt by this man, as I was alone in a parking lot. Yet, he spared me and just took my purse. Big deal. I can get another one. I will never be able to replace my life...so for that I am grateful.

We will be in Cancun until Thursday or Friday and then move on to another country. I know I keep saying that...but really, Cancun is beautiful and we´ve made lifelong friends. Don´t worry about me...I am safe, healthy, happy, and my tan gets better everyday. I don´t have to sit in a cubicle everyday and my biggest stress is where we should eat. No complaints. But if you feel bad for me and want to see more digital pictures...I am ALWAYS up for donations (see bottom of this page....click on "Make a Donation" in the white box). I will send you a postcard with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?