<$BlogRSDURL$>

10 February 2003

"Havana Daydreamin'"

(Dad please file this one under lecture #407...I`m ready for it)

Jen and I decided to spice things up a bit and visit the Caribbean for the weekend. Our pick? Here`s a hint, it`s the largest of the islands....CUBA!!!

As an American citizen, am I not supposed to do that? Rest easy, I KNEW I wasn`t supposed to go, but really, it was no problem! They actually WANT US citizens there. It was a beautiful, inticing, exciting, wonderful place, and our first country without a guide book...what to do! Unfortunetly we could only stay a few days (it`s a bit pricey) so we stayed in Havana (or as the locals call it, Habana). No stamp in my passport, so no one can prove I was there, right? No ATM`s meant we had to plan ahead and we pulled out some USD and went on our way. Internet access? $6-hour. Therefore, no updates. It was a bit of time travel....old American cars, `camel`buses, little yellow bug taxis. We spent hours walking around just gasping and loving everything we saw. The people were welcoming and friendly. Music was playing everywhere. Everyone was dancing. Many many pictures to come!

Another episode and another country has come to and end....Guatemala anyone???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?