<$BlogRSDURL$>

26 February 2003

"Anti"

So my biggest pet peeves these days isn¢¥t all the cold showers, not the chickens crowing at all hours of the night, not the 12 hour bus rides, but the INTERNET! It crashes more than the stock market down south. But lo and behold, I have to keep my readers happy and I won¢¥t give up!
*I JUST typed this message, but I will do it again.....*

Jen and I have managed to settle down in less than 12 hours. We arrived this morning after a 9 hour bus ride from Flores and an additional hour from Guatemala City on a ¢¥chicken bus¢¥ to Antigua Guatemala!!! This city is beautiful, it¢¥s surrounded by 3 volcanoes, there are many churches to explore and a huge fountain to do my studying by. Studying? That¢¥s right my friends. We have found a school to start our espanol classes. It¢¥s SO insanely cheap! $100 USD gets us 4 hours/day of one-on-one classes, all the materials, 7 nights accomidation with a Guatemalen family, 3 meals/day, salsa dancing lessons, free movies, excursions, bike tours, cooking classes, picnics, volunteer work, and tours around the town! Can you see my ear-to-ear grin from there?

We¢¥ve finally found a place to call home...for 4 weeks at least...and I am a happy camper, er, backpacker!

Tomorrow is my first day back as student Cindi. Which of my 2 outfits should I wear? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?