<$BlogRSDURL$>

25 January 2003

"Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da"

Jen and I are still in San Cristobal de las Cases. Thursday we went on a tour with the owner of the hostel and 3 others from Isreal to Canon del Sumidero on a 2 hour boat ride. The canyon was beautiful! I saw my first wild spider monkey. We also saw many falcons, a crocodile and an alligator. After the boat tour we spent the afternoon at the cascades called Choirreadero. There was a huge bat cave that we explored a bit and then we swam in the pools. We loved the pools and waterfalls so much, we hitchhiked back yesterday. Another first of mine.

Today I´m going with some fellow travelers to museums and to the market. There is tons of amber here and I bought a fabulous ring the other day. Tomorrow I will go to Palenque, a Mayan ruin in the jungle. I then will either go up to the Yucatan or head down to Guatemala to start my spanish courses. I am very anxious to get those started as I am still a complete idiot on the streets. Palenque is quiet a bit warmer, so I hear, so bring it on! I´m freezing cold here at nights.

Did I mention I cut off all my hair?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?