<$BlogRSDURL$>

12 January 2003

Mamma Mia!

Excuse me while I attempt to update, this keyboard is different from the ones back home.

I know you're ALL dying to know that Jen and I have arrived!!!! We're in Mexico City!!! After a long day of hell. Let me recap. Wake up 5:15 AM, arrive at SLC airport at 6:30 AM, leave for Houston 8:10 AM, arrive in Houston at 12:25 PM. This is where it got tricky. Our flight for Mexico was to leave at 2:20 PM. We boarded the plane, took off, and were on our way. But about 20 minutes into the flight, the captain reported "There is a mechanical problem and we must return to Houston to get it checked out". So we return to Houston about 3:30 PM. We sat in the plane for about 30 minutes until they said we'd have to exit and get on a new plane and transfer our luggage. So we get on the new plane, and after sitting there for about 30 MORE minutes, the captain said "I'm sorry, I am unauthorized to take you to Mexico CIty because I have been in the air too much today and can't work overtime, a new crew is on the way, they should arrive at 5:08 PM, and we'll depart by 5:30 PM." No problem, right? WRONG! After waiting for the new crew until after 6 PM, or close to 7 PM, we headed for the runway. Then the captain stated, "Sorry folks, another mechanical problem, we have to return to the gate AGAIN!" By this time, Jen and I have ripped out all our hair and the guys in front of us too. So we exit the plan again, and thinking we'd miss our reservation at the hostal, attempted to call internationally, never got through, missed out on free food vouchers, and at this point I was ready to crack. Oh, I did crack. Poor poor Jen. After 45 more minutes, it's now 8:30, we re-boarded for the umpteenth time and FINALLY took off around 9 PM. We arrived in Mexico CIty at 11 PM and shame on me for thinking everyone spoke english. I called the hostal for a pickup and let's just say, playing charades over the phone is not easy. Ruben arrived for our pickup around 12:30 PM. WE MADE IT!

This morning we slept in a bit and are now on our way to hit the town. There's a museum across the street and a town square near by as well. We also may try to hit a bullfight this afternoon!

OLE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?