<$BlogRSDURL$>

29 January 2003

"Left face, right face....march!"

So I guess I shoud haev taken a lesson in military time from my old man, because last night I could have used it. Jen and I bought tickets from Palenque to Merida on Monday and the ticket said 21:00. For some reason it was stuck in our heads that 21:00 = 10:00 PM. DUH! Let`s just say we missed our bus and had to take a later bus. PLUS we had to pay for an addition seat. But believe me, I will NEVER forget that 21:00 means 9:00 PM ever again!

Anyway, we spent 2 wonderful days in Palenque. No internet access, hence, no updates. We slept in a cabana surrounded by the jungle. About 6 others that we`d met in San Cristobal also came up with us, which made for a great trip. We went to the ruins of Palenque on Monday. They were by far my favorite ruins. They were deep in the jungle, there was a cascade and the ruins were remarkable. We spent the morning walking around the ruins and the afternoon perched under a tree on the grass just relaxing. Yesterday we rode to Agua Azul in the back of a pick up. We looked at the cascades and then found a rope swing into the pools, so spent the afternoon swimming and diving in. It was nice and warm there, much better than San Cristobal where I couldn`t even read a book because my hands would get too cold.

Today we will stroll around Merida and then tomorrow I think we`ll head to Chichen Itza and by Friday be in Cancun or Isla Mujeres.

Can you believe Tampa Bay killed the Raiders? I`ll admit I`m slightly bummed about missing the superbowl, but it was a toss up....Mexico? Superbowl? Hmmm....which one would you pick?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?