<$BlogRSDURL$>

10 January 2003

"Final Countdown..."

I made it to 24. Thanks to my wonderful friends and family for all the b-day greetings, I know I'm not an easy person to get ahold of these days. Thanks for the flowers and dinner. Thanks for the game. Laura came up with our own version of 'Friends Trivia' and we played it until the wee hours of the morning. Questions such as "What 2 bars has Sommer been kicked out of?" and "How many guys did Alya 'lead on' during her break up with Matt, and name them..." and "How many trips has Cindi been on since we moved into the house in May 2002?" kept us on our toes. My friends also gave me a stricking journal. That will hopefully be completely full by June.


This morning I went to the International Travel Clinic for the last time. I got my final 2 shots (thanks to the missing Typhoid vacination, I'm out an addition $47). When I began planning for this trip, I never knew how much these shots would end up costing me.
*Typhoid-$47, or in my case $47x2=$94
*3 hepatitis A&B-$51 each x3=$153
*MMR-$18
*TB-$50
*Malaria prescription-$25
*Cipro prescription-$15
GRAND TOTAL: $355

I suppose my body and health will thank me. I just need to be sure to load on the bug repellant and avoid the Dengue Mosquito. Yuck!

Today I am still moving crap to my parents, cleaning out my car (I may have sold it!!!), and trying to fit in last minute visits with family and friends. Jen and I will be arriving at the SLC airport at 6:30 AM tomorrow morning. I keep thinking, "What am I forgetting?" but tomorrow at this time I'll be on the plane and it won't even matter.

I promise to update when I arrive in Mexico City, either tomorrow evening or Sunday morning so you all can sleep better at night knowing I'm safe and sound. Until then, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers, love, and support.

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible."-Saint Francis of Assisi

Nothing is impossible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?