<$BlogRSDURL$>

22 January 2003

"Another day in Paradise"

Today Jen and I went to San Juan Chamula. In the city is a temple called, Templo de San Juan. This temple was amazing. Inside the floor was covered with pine needles. The walls were covered with images of saints holding mirrors dressed in holy garments. People kneel on the pine needles in front of their saint and light candles, insense and changt. According to the Lonely Planet guide to Mexico, Coca-Cola plays a major role here. "It facilitates burping in the church, which is believed to expel evil spirits." There was a family in the church kneeling and praying and burping. Fascinating.

Tomorrow we will go to the canyons for a 2 hour boat ride to some waterfalls and caves in the jungle. I can´t wait. It´s a bit too cold here in the city for my liking. Last night I almost froze and had to cuddle up to Jen a bit.

I put the rest of our pictures up. It was taking WAY too long yesterday. Check them out here!

Apparently there was an earthquake last night here somewhere. I did not feel a thing, so you can sleep tonight mom, I´m fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?