<$BlogRSDURL$>

09 December 2002

"Don't Smoke and Knit"

I started reading "The Alchemist" this weekend. I have nearly finished and must say it is going on my 'everyone must read this' list. "A fable about following ones dreams...", why I haven't read it before is beyond me.

Friday night I headed up to Layton with Dave and Chris for a birthday party. We grilled steak and potatoes and pretty much stuffed ourselves to the brim. I came home and went to bed so I could work Saturday morning. A girl needs a little overtime now and again...

Saturday night Sommer and I went out with the newlyweds. They brought over all their pictures from Jackson Hole...they were beautiful. We went to the Old Speghetti Factory and to Todd's. A few laughs, one annoying girl, and 3 heavy metal bands later...we headed home.

Sunday I decided to explore SLC a little before I leave it for 5 months, so I drove up Emigration Canyon to see where the other end was. Turns out, it goes all the way up to Echo Lake (about 45 miles out) and I nearly ended up in Wyoming! It had snowed up there, so I got out and played in it a bit and took some pictures. It was great to get out of the city, clear my head, and breath in the fresh mountain air. When I arrived home, Sommer, Laura, and I got the Christmas tree up and decked our own halls a bit! Once we cleared out the kayak, bikes, boards, beds, and skis...put up the nativity, the advent calendar, the garland, and lights....it looks so festive! Mmmm...I LOVE the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?