<$BlogRSDURL$>

28 November 2002

"life or something like it"

Last night after work I headed up to Park City to the outlets. I needed a new outfit for Jami's wedding Saturday, and it was just my luck. Banana Republic was having a "20% off everything sale" so I bought a shirt for $16, decided to wear my black skirt with it, and went on my marry way. Upon arriving at my house....I noticed an ambulance, some cops and the fire dept. outside my house. I couldn't quite make out what was going on until I came inside and saw Alya, Laura, and Sommer watching closely out the window. Apparently a pedestrian was crossing the street and was hit and killed outside MY home! I saw the body just lying there under a white sheet. It was SO creepy....yet so sad! Here is an article in today's paper about it. The man was 82 years old. How sad it would be to hear your grandpa was killed the night before Thanksgiving. And the poor driver! The ironic thing about it all was just the night before, Laura and I went to pick Sommer up from work and Laura didn't see a girl in the crosswalk and could have easily hit her. Life can be taken away SO easily! That is why I can't fear leaving the country just because I may get raped, mugged, hijacked, etc. Those things could happen to me here. I would rather take chances and live life to the fullest then live in fear and then one day walk out my front door and have life taken away from me in an accident such as this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?