<$BlogRSDURL$>

30 October 2002

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful...."

I woke up this morning and as I was frantically running around completing my morning routine, I glanced out the window only to find SNOW!!! It's the first of the season...and today's high is only 40 F. It was bound to happen, I will just have to 'man up' and deal with it for a bit. "73 more days...."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMI!!!

Last night was great. Mary, Matt and I went to Chili's for dinner...it was SO yummy and it's always great to see them. Then I went to Dave's for our Tuesday night ritual of watching "The Real World". We are Real World junkies, but it's so much fun to watch all the drama and realize that at least our lives aren't as pathetic as 7 strangers in Vegas. I brought my spanish flashcards with me and we ran through those a few times. He left for work around 9 and I headed home.

I got a surprise phone call from Jason. It's always great talking to him. I love that we've kept in touch throughout the past couple years. Here, I've been in SLC, and he's been living in Cali, Missouri, Texas, and next...North Carolina! I had my favorite day yet this year with him, Willits, Laura, and Sommer over St. Patty's day weekend. The whole thing started with a fortune cookie "Pleasures await you by the seashore...", and that was that! I hadn't seen Jason in a year. Last year over St. Patty's weekend, me and the crew (including Jason) were in Oakland at the Buffett show. We were all missing him, so we decided to head down for the weekend. We arrived around midnight on Friday...we were all hanging out and talking with Jason and his friends when we were trying to decide what to do the next day. Venice Beach? Santa Monica? Hollywood? That is when Willits came up with the idea of the year..."Let's take these girls to Mexico!" he announced! So we all got up early Saturday morning, packed up the Jimmy, and headed to Rosarito Mexico. That is where I fell in love...Ortega's Patio was the place. It was just what I had always imagined Mexico to be. Rosarito is THE home of lobster and if you know me, you know I LOVE lobster! We each got 2 lobster tails, homemade tortillas, chips/salsa ("to die for"), rice, beans, and soup for dirt cheap! We sat in the same spot, overlooking the ocean, for approx. 6 hours. Eating, laughing, talking, dancing...it was surreal! Then there was some puking in the bathrooms, Sommer kissing some mexican named Eric, Laura 'buying' souveniers for loved ones back home and trying to communicate with the spanish speaking operator on my cell, and Willits and I trying to deal with the bill. On our way home, everyone was passed out in the back, I drove and Jason was shotgun. He treated me to a surfin' monkey bank, we crossed the border and we were on our way. I suddenly found myself getting VERY sleepy...so I decided to pull off the freeway for a quick "20 minute nap". 2 hours later, I woke up and was back on the road. As we neared the La Verne exit, the Jimmy jolted...I looked down and realized we were on empty. Lucky for us, Jay-Z and company came to the rescue. They pulled behind the Jimmy and pushed us up the off ramp to the nearest Chevron. We finally made it home! What a day...what memories...what were we thinking?

It's times like those that make me adore my friends as much as I do. They are always up for a good time no matter how extreme it may be. I love you Sommer, Laura, Alya, and Jami. We're all starting to go our separate ways and change is not something I welcome so easily. Jami will be getting married on 30 November, Alya and Laura are graduating from college, and I'm leaving the country. Who knows what the future holds for us, but I am SO grateful I have had them the past few years. It's amazing how 5 girls can live together and get along so well. I am very lucky gal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?