<$BlogRSDURL$>

15 October 2002

"Just another manic....Tuesday"

After a fabulous weekend of plenty of R & R...I came back to work only to have the computers down, 14 new messages on my voicemail, and about (what seems like) 200 screaming kids in the foyer. I just keep telling myself "3 more months....3 more months...." I hope I can make it!

This weekend was fun. It began with Laura and I hitting the town red....we first hit the Sky Bar. The crowd wasn't that great (although we got a few laughs from the 80s guy on the dance floor grinding black lady, not a good combo), but we did get a free plate of hot wings! After we couldn't take that place anymore, we headed to Natalie's. I'd say we were there maybe 20 minutes (another unmentionable crowd) and headed to Shaggy's to end the night. I needed a little La-La time.

Saturday was the "kind of day people dream of" as Dave would say. Living with 5 other girls rarely brings any time alone. Sommer and Alya ran off with the Hopkins clan to Moab, Laura had school/work, Amber had work, Jami was at her boys....that left me home ALONE!!! I woke up and did some cleaning, took a bath, read my new Glamour, took a nap....serenity! Then I headed to the marina for work. I caught a beautiful sunset






I have the greatest (2nd) job!

After work Dave called and he and the UPS crew were going to the Twilight Lounge. So I met them there and we closed the place down. Then we went back to his place and we decided to go to Wendover. It was so much fun! We got a 4 team parlay and watched football all day long....we ate at the buffet....we played some craps....we came home. I didn't win big...otherwise do you think I'd really be at work today?

Monday I hung out with my sister a bit. I bought my nephew "The Jolly Mon" by Jimmy and Savannah Jane Buffett for his 5th b-day and took it out to him. It was great to see them, I don't get to enough. My sister is the most amazing mom! She's a stay at home mom, but she isn't just home. She's always planning activities, teaching them new games/songs, reading to them, taking them out for 'daily adventures'. Plus, she and her husband practically built their entire house and she has refurnished it with things that she made in a community woodshop class she takes. I can only hope to be as good as a mother/wife as her someday.

Well, I'd better wrap it up here at work and hit the gym. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?